1: Want to ensure a FOMO-free week? Why not check out Dacha’s Sour Liz Week, enjoy a Nats game with can’t beat drink specials or feast on some of the best BBQ in town? If one of these piques your interest, good. If not, DC has plenty of other options that will. Here’s the 
2: Want to ensure a FOMO-free week? Why not check out Dacha’s Sour Liz Week, enjoy a Nats game with can’t beat drink specials or feast on some of the best BBQ in town? If one of these piques your interest, good. If not, DC has plenty of other options that will. Here’s the 
Want to ensure a FOMO-free week?
Why not check out Dacha’s Sour Liz Week, enjoy a Nats game with can’t beat drink specials or feast on some of the best BBQ in town?
If one of these piques your interest, good. If not, DC has plenty of other options that will.
Here’s the complete list of what to do around town this week (make sure to tag us in your fun using #FrayLife):
Wednesday, June 20
– Experience the art of Burning Man with “No Spectator: Beyond the Renwick”, an hour-long walking tour hosted by Burning Man veteran Kathy Baird. The tour will feature sculptures and installations positioned in public places throughout the surrounding neighborhood that all play a role at the infamous arts festival.
– DC’s favorite beer garden, Dacha, is helping the people of DC stay cool this summer with Sour Liz Week! 21 European and American sour beers will rotate across the taps throughout the week. Some notable favorites include Gose, Berliner Weisse, and spontaneously fermented Belgian ales.
Thursday, June 21
– Grab your friends and head over to the Heinrich House Museum for The Sound of DC! This music festival will be honoring the likes of Duke Ellington and other Jazz artists from DC. If you can’t make on 6/21, the festival will be back on 7/21 and 8/16.
– Celebrate at the By the People Festival– a full-on arts takeover filled with a multitude of creative music and dance performances, interactive displays, and even late-night museum activities on the National Mall.
– Although he’s no longer the lead singer with Aerosmith, music mogul Steven Tyler is still active on the rock ‘n roll scene, this time on a short tour featuring the Loving Mary Band at The Filene Center. The concert will show off songs from his 2016 solo album, as well as some Aerosmith classics!
Friday, June 22
– DJ and NPR’s own Bobbito Garcia has taken his talents to the film industry. To kick off the weekend, Garcia is unveiling a special screening of his latest project, Rock Rubber 45s, at the Kennedy Center, which examines the intersection of hip-hop, basketball and sneaker culture. The screening will be followed by a dance party featuring DJs and guest performances in the lobby.
– Let us take you out to the ballgame and take you out to the crowd to see the Nationals play the Philadelphia Phillies at our next Nats Night Out at Nats Park. Join us for pregame happy hour drink specials at Due South where you will pick up tickets and then enjoy the game with us in group seating at the Scoreboard Pavilion. Did we mention there was a 2 for 1 Coors Light drink specials ALL night long?
Saturday, June 23
– Calling all rib roasters and sauce bosses! Fans of delicious BBQ are encouraged to attend the Giant National Capital Barbecue Battle, a one of a kind cookoff that features pitmasters from all 50 states. This event will also feature cooking demos and free tastings, so make sure you come with an empty stomach.
– Pups in the Park is back for their fourth installment of the season! Take advantage of this unique opportunity for fans to bring their dogs to Nats Park and catch the Nationals take on the Philadelphia Phillies. Dogs and their owners are also invited to a special pregame parade around the warning track.
– The Smithsonian marks the first Saturday of summer with Smithsonian Solstice! This is the only time of the entire year where most of the museums stay open until midnight, where visitors have the opportunity to hear live music, sip on champagne, as well as explore the collection of museum exhibits.
– Join DC Fray and Take Five Meditation to practice mindfulness on the exclusive and scenic rooftop at 880P. CAVA Bowls and wine (open bar!) will be served, and the peaceful night will finish with a talk from the award-winning author of the best-selling cookbook, Go Clean, Sexy You, Lisa Ryan. Never meditated before? Come and learn what the hype is all about, newcomers welcome!
Sunday, June 24
– British heartthrob, Harry Styles, continues his debut solo world concert tour with a stop at Capital One Arena. Opening for Harry will be American singer-songwriter, Kacey Musgraves.
– Witness the top chefs in DC battle for the best taco with Tico Summerfest! The event will include eight of DC’s best culinary creators presenting his or her own take on tacos. Other food, drinks, and refreshments will be served while raising money and awareness for My Sister’s Place.
– Similar to the taco throwdown, Ivy City Smokehouse is hosting the 13th annual DC Crab Cake Competition! DC’s top chefs are back at it to showcase their seafood skills to create DC’s best crab cake. In addition to the main event, local culinary students will have a chance to compete in their own crab cake competition.
Monday, June 25
– Enjoy a night of in-depth storytelling with Story District Mixtape. Union Stage will showcase a four-show series of true stories told by real people, which will feature a quality mix of funny, weird, and most moving tales from some of the countries best storytellers.
Tuesday, June 26
– NPR host of All Things Considered, Audie Cornish sits down with jazz musician Gregory Porter as part of the NPR Presents series to discuss upcoming projects, how he stays inspired, and his impact on American culture. The conversation will be held at NPR Studio One and will feature a live performance following the interview, as well as a meet and greet with Audie herself.
Attending an event not listed here? Keep us in the loop using #FrayLife on social!
If you’re looking for a weekend getaway, but don’t want to make that extensive drive, check out the #FrayLife Guide to the Perfect Weekend in Charm City.
View More Articles By Jackson Dean
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »