At DC Fray we’re on a mission to make fun possible. To us, that means bringing people together. All of our policies & rules are built-in to support that mission!
These leagues are provisional and are subject to the availability of permits and any other changes necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to following all local and state guidelines, we will be:
- Masks: Current District Guidelines apply, however, we highly encourage all players to wear masks during our leagues.
All good games have some rules and guidelines. Here’s some to keep you playing all season long:
- This is a 7v7 Open division.
- Teams will play 60-minute games, 7v7 a side, and are required to have at least 10 players on their rosters.
- We welcome free agents and small groups and will do our best to match players to teams.
- Games begin September 11th and run weekly from 10AM-4PM (tentatively)
- Dates are subject to change based on permits and availability and other league logistics. The number of teams to make the final tournament is based on a number of teams & league logistics.
- After each game, we hit the sponsor bar for a Sunday Funday like nothing else. Get ready for drink specials, flip cup, and an end-of-season party (yep, that includes free beer). We'll bring the classic DC Fray touch with prize giveaways, beer giveaways, sweet t-shirts, new friends, and more.
*NOTE: Games are played on Sundays on the National Mall. Due to the nature of the Mall we will try to secure the best field available but fields are subject to change due to availability.*
Players have 4 sweet ways to get in on the action.
- Create a Group/Team (Choose your group name and the max numbers you plan on having)
- Join a Group (People who want to play together, but don't have enough to field a full team)
- Join a Team
- Join as a Free Agent (Sign up by yourself to be placed in a group to meet other AWESOME People!)
*Volleyball teams average 9 players per team, please take that into consideration when forming your group/team. DC Fray reserves the right to place or not place players onto teams, not at the official team size. DC Fray does not offer refunds.*
**Due to supply chain issues during Covid, T-shirt colors are not guaranteed. You may select a team color, but if not in stock, Fray will choose the next closest color available.**
*If you have issues with shirts all requests must be sent to [email protected] no later than Week 4.
09/11 - Week 1
09/18 - Week 2 (T-Shirt Week)
09/25 - Week 3 (Late/Missing T-Shirt Deadline)
10/02 - Week 4
10/09 - Week 5
10/16 - Week 6
10/23 - Week 7 (Tentative Playoff Week)
10/30 - Week 8 (Tentative Playoff Week)
Dates are subject to change based on permits, availability, and other league logistics. Due to global supply chain issues, Fray may have to change your shirt color and/or size.