Valentine’s Day is approaching, and we can already feel the love in the air.
A lot of our wins this week will help you get ready for the holiday, including a Valentine’s Day chocolate truffle making class. Cupid’s Bar Crawl, and many love related events at the Torpedo Factory.
If you’re not feeling the love quite yet, then check out s an award winning broadway show, beer and dessert pairing event, ski-themed party, and more all on this week’s lineup.
Wednesday, February 6
– The Tony Award winning musical, The Music Man will hit the Kennedy Center’s stage Wednesday night at 8 p.m. The show features seasoned Broadway stars including Norm Lewis, Jessie Mueller, and Rosie O’Donnell. Tickets start at $69.
Thursday, February 7
– Spend your thirsty Thursday at a FREE wine tasting event at Supra. Attendees will get to enjoy three 1 oz. sample pours of Georgian wine including a red, an amber, and a rose. The tasting begins at 4 p.m. Reserve your spot here.
– Treat yourself to a four-course wine dinner at Pinstripes in Georgetown. The four courses include an antipasto platter of local Italian meats and cheeses, poached pears salad, Colorado lamb chops, and chocolate cheesecake. Each dish will be paired with a wine. Tickets are $60, and the dinner begins at 7 p.m.
– Instead of dinner and wine, head to Fair Winds Brewing Company in Lorton, Virginia for beer and dessert! The desserts will be made by TaMeisha from Out of the Bubble Bakery. The event begins at 6 p.m., and tickets are $30.
Friday, February 8
– With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, why not feel the love a little bit early? The Torpedo Factory in Old Town, Alexandria will host “The Late Shift: Love & Ritual from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. You’ll get to enjoy gallery talks, artist receptions, music, live performances, hands-on artmaking, and three floors of open artists’ studios. This event is FREE.
– A “Super Spectacular Comedy Show for the Furloughed,” event though the shutdown is over (for now), will take place at Kramerbrooks & Afterwords Cafe at 8 p.m. Proceeds from the show will benefit Capital Area Food Bank’s Hunger Lifeline. Government workers get in free with ID. General admission tickets are $12.
Saturday, February 9
– Another holiday month calls for another bar crawl. Take a chance and possibly get struck by Cupid’s arrow at Cupid’s Bar Crawl in Dupont Circle. The crawl is from 2 to 10 p.m. and you’ll get a signature Cupid’s refillable mug, party favors, exclusive drink and food specials, raffle entry, and free pictures! The dress code is anything Valentine’s. Tickets are $25.
– Wine helps the creative juices flow, right? Come Sip and Sew with Sew Creative Lounge from 3 to 7 p.m. Bring any shirt, t-shirt, or denim jacket to transform into something awesome! Your $50 ticket includes sewing materials and two complimentary glasses of wine. All sewing experience levels are welcome!
– Thing you have what it takes to solve a mystery? Find out at An Afternoon of Murder and Mystery at Rare Steakhouse & Tavern. While you discover clues and identify the “murderer,” you’ll get to enjoy a four-course meal. Tickets are $75, and the event begins at 1 p.m.
Sunday, February 10
– Learn how to make the best tasting chocolate truffles for a special someone at a chocolate truffle making class. You’ll learn all about cacao, chocolate history, and truffle making from SPAGnVOLA. You’ll also get to take home a box of truffles that you made! Tickets are $60, and the class begins at 11 a.m. at The Watergate Hotel.
– Put on your best ski gear, and party at Wunder Garten from 2 p.m. – 1 a.m. This is an Apres ski-themed event, and there will be a a ski-themed snow globe, fire pits, s’mores costume competitions, snowball toss competition, DJ dance parties, and more! Register for this event here.
– Get moving on your Sunday morning at Brunch Yoga, at Crystal City Sports Pub. After finding your flow, enjoy a free brunch beverage of your choice. Make sure to BYO mat. Tickets are $15 and the class starts at 9 a.m.
Monday, February 11
– If you love a good story and a good laugh, then you’ll love the SMASH! Storytelling show. Talented storytellers and comedians in the area will tell you the most hilarious, embarrassing, and awkward stories ever, and no topic is out of play. The show begins at 6:30 p.m. at Busboys and Poets. Tickets are $5.
– Start your week off by getting creative at a marbled clay workshop. You will learn how to make unique marbled vessels using oven-bake clay. After the workshop, you will have extensive knowledge about different clay materials, where to find them, and how to make special marbled clay pieces. The workshop will be held at The Lemon Collective at 7 p.m. Tickets are $65, and all experience levels are welcome.
Tuesday, February 12
– Capitol Cider House will host a cider-making workshop at 8:30 p.m. After you complete this workshop, you’ll have the skills to make your own cider at home. You will also get to enjoy a sampler flight of Mid-Atlantic ciders, and receive a cider making starter kit, plus a tour of the Cider House. Tickets are $39.
How are you preparing for the world’s most loved (or dreaded) holiday? Share with us your lovely plans using #FrayLife on social!
Want to take a look on what other upcoming events are going on this month? Check out “No Fun February Is Simply Not An Option. Here Are 39 Things To Do Around the District This Month” to see all the February fun going on!
View More Articles By Briana Florez