October is finally here!
That means a bunch of Oktoberfest events, music festivals, beer festivals, hockey and basketball, and other fall activities are all part of our weekly wins this week.
If you don’t have plans for Columbus Day weekend yet, go ahead and grab your calendar and a pen. We assure you these wins will keep you busy in the most fun way possible!
Want to be regrammed in our Insta feed? Tag your own weekly wins with #FrayLife #DCFray!
Wednesday, October 3
– Drinking for a cause is fun and philanthropic. Senior Services of Alexandria is hosting their own version of Oktoberfest at Port City Brewing Company. The event is from 6 to 9 p.m. and the funds raised will support SSA’s programs and services for seniors living in Alexandria. Tickets are $50.
– Hockey season is back, and we guarantee there is no better place to be on hump day, then at the Capital One Area cheering on your reigning Stanley Cup Champs. The Caps will take on the Boston Bruins at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for this first game are in high demand, and rightfully so. The lowest priced tickets are currently $139. Can’t score tickets? Relive the playoff magic and see the championship banner unveiled at the official season-opening outdoor viewing party!
Thursday, October 4
– Positivity, comedy, and beer are three things that always go well together. Another event at Port City Brewing Company this week is a free comedy show. The show will feature talented, up and coming comedians from the area. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m. Make sure to get there early to avoid having to stand!
Friday, October 5
– You’ve probably never been on a moonlight margarita cruise, but now is your chance. It sounds heavenly to ride on the Potomac River and experience all the beautiful moonlit views of Washington while sipping on some margs. The cruise is one hour long and features a cash bar, $3 margarita specials, and amazing views of iconic landmarks. Tickets are $30.
– As the weather starts to cool down, and Fall makes its way into the District, outdoor Friday nights are super enjoyable. Grab your friend and a lawn chair and head to Cathedral Commons for a fun, free night of pop music. Not only will there be live music, but also delicious food from local vendors, and drink specials. The concert starts at 6 p.m.
– It’s a week full of sports at the Capital One Arena. At 6 p.m. the Washington Wizards will play the Miami Heat. If you don’t get a chance to watch Ovi and the Caps play on Wednesday, come watch John Wall, Bradley Beal, and the rest of the guys ball out on Friday night. Tickets are as cheap as $6.
Saturday, October 6
– A festival made just for beer lovers is happening all day Saturday at the Capitol Riverfront. More than 100 beers from 15 different Anheuser-Busch breweries across the country will be available, in addition to exclusive beers that are not available in DC yet! The fun goes beyond the beer with live musical performances, food and beer pairings, a petting zoo, and Golden Hour Yoga on the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold sun Deck.
– Market Square in Falls Church, Virginia will transform into an Oktoberfest Biergarten Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be tasty food, live music, and a vast selection of beers available, including traditional German Oktoberfest beers. Don’t leave your pupper at home, dogs are allowed at this event! Tickets are $30.
– Roast pig and bourbon are two favorites of Barley Mac in Arlington. Lucky for you, they want you to enjoy this awesome duo with them from 12 to 4 p.m. on Saturday. The event is sponsored by Sam Adams and Maker’s Mark. Tickets are $29 and include all you can eat roasted pig, a variety of side dishes like baked beans, cornbread, and coleslaw, made by talented chefs, plus three drink tickets for bourbon, beer, or wine.
Sunday, October 7
– The All Things Go Fall Classic is on Saturday and Sunday at the historic Union Market. Carly Rae Jepsen performs on Sunday, in addition to Betty Who and Misterwives. Plenty of food vendors will be there, so you don’t have to worry about getting hungry. Awesome original activations will go on throughout the day to keep you entertained. Tickets are $65.
– By now you should know, we love a good rooftop party. If you can picture yourself spending a cool Fall afternoon enjoying cocktails on a rooftop overlooking beautiful water views, then you can’t miss out on this party at La Vie. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. and make sure to wear dressy, or elegant attire. Early bird tickets are $5, and event’s day tickets are $20.
Monday, October 8
– Music and yoga is a powerful combo. Come experience it at Courthaus Social from 7 to 8 p.m. Your $25 ticket includes a yoga class for all levels, and a free beverage. It’s an awesome way to get your yoga and fun flows going!
– The Redskins have the slot this week for Monday Night Football. They are away this week which means plenty of viewing parties will be happening throughout the District. Greenhouse Bistro in Vienna, Virginia will host a viewing party from 8 to 11 p.m. There will be food and drink specials, 20 beers on tap, and 22 HDTV’s to watch the game on.
Tuesday, October 9
– A day of work after a holiday is always tough. Wind down at TaPpy Hour at Piola Arlington for trivia, pizza, and beer. All draft beer will be $3, and 12” pizza will be $9. If you’re competitive and a pro at trivia, they will have Double Ten going on. The happy hour is from 6 to 9 p.m.
What fun things are you getting into this first week of October and Columbus Day Weekend? If you think it’s just as exciting as the events we’ve shared with you, make sure to leave a comment below!
Are you so excited for October that you want even more awesome things to do? Prevent FOMO by knowing ALL of the events coming to DC over the next month.
View More Articles By Briana Florez