We are finally in the home stretch of summer;
Playoff baseball, back to school shopping, and preparing for the Fall is quickly approaching.
Still, #FrayLife is here to guide you through the craziness of each month week by week. So sit back, cool off, and check off these weekly wins on your freshly turned calendar.
Wednesday, August 1st
– Celebrate Camp Day at Nats Park! The Nationals have invited youth camp groups from around the DMV for a day of fun and baseball! The first pitch is scheduled for 12:05 PM!
Thursday, August 2nd
– Country concerts were made for summer nights! Check out 2 of the biggest names in country music at Merriweather Pavillion for Lady Antebellum & Darius Rucker’s Summer Plays on Tour.
Friday, August 3rd
– Enjoy yet another beautiful night of Jazz at the NGA’s Jazz in the Garden. The music begins at 5 PM and ends at 8:30 PM.
– What’s better than a night full of live music? A night full of live music for a cause! Tiny Cat’s Dark Music Festival is tonight and tomorrow and all proceeds will be donated to the Greater DC Diaper Bank!
– Who’s ready for our all-you-can-drink open bar rooftop pool party (have you ever read so many beautiful things in one sentence?) With a DJ, #FrayLife games, crazy pool inflatables and more, it will surely be a night you won’t forget!
Saturday, August 4th
– Get ready for a day full of tennis, brews and awesome vibes at Citi Open’s inaugural Brew Fest! Tickets include: all you can eat and drink within the tailgate, plus a ticket to watch the matches!
– Looking for a night you’ll never forget? Experience National Harbor like never before as it’s lit up with custom designed lanterns at the 2018 Water Lantern Festival. Tickets are available for purchase here.
Sunday, August 5th
– Take advantage of your last chance to check out the Citi Open at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center. Today is the last day of the open, so it should be an exciting one!
– Merriweather Post Pavilion is back again for its 2018 Summer Spirit Festival. Don’t miss out on a night full of awesome music with performers including: Anderson .Paak, Daniel Caesar, Lizzo & more!
Monday, August 6th
– Get your BINGO on with us tonight at Kingfisher! We’ll get things started at 8 PM and wrap it up by 10 PM!
Tuesday, August 7th
– Come get your yoga on with us at our Glow Yoga on the Mall event! Meet us on the mall to light up the night with glow sticks and paints led by our favorite instructor from Balance Gym, Andrea! Registration is still open here.
– Enjoy an intimate night of music by reggae vocalist Matisyahu at City Winery. Seating is limited, so get your tickets ASAP!
Did we forget something going on in the district this week? Let us know by tagging us using #FrayLife!
Looking for more things to do around the city? Check out these 5 random things you can do for your next date night!
View More Articles By Nicole LaRusso