1: As we enter July, it’s officially that time to rock the red, white, and blue! If you’re looking for a World Cup distraction, we’ve got some epic activities leading into Independence Day. DC has fun on fun on fun all week long, including holiday bar crawls, Venezuelan chocolate, and even a few celebrity 
2: As we enter July, it’s officially that time to rock the red, white, and blue! If you’re looking for a World Cup distraction, we’ve got some epic activities leading into Independence Day. DC has fun on fun on fun all week long, including holiday bar crawls, Venezuelan chocolate, and even a few celebrity 
As we enter July, it’s officially that time to rock the red, white, and blue! If you’re looking for a World Cup distraction, we’ve got some epic activities leading into Independence Day.
DC has fun on fun on fun all week long, including holiday bar crawls, Venezuelan chocolate, and even a few celebrity appearances, and that doesn’t even count all the fireworks.
DC continues to offer everything for everyone, so be sure to mark your #FrayLife calendars with these can’t miss events:
Wednesday, June 27
– The FREE Smithsonian Folklife Festival celebrates the different international and American cultures on the National Mall. Events include craft exhibits, live music, cooking demos, as well as a marketplace offering pottery, books, sculptures, clothing, and more!
– The PGA Tour is back in the DMV! Catch Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler, and others compete at the Quicken Loans National in Potomac, MD. Tickets for Saturday and Sunday are still available.
Thursday, June 28
– Star of SNL’s “Weekend Update”, Michael Che, is in town for one night only at Warner Theatre. Named as Rolling Stone’s “50 Funniest People,” Che is sure to provide a boatload of laughs.
– The embassies of Belgium and the United Kingdom are joining forces to host an epic viewing party of Belgium vs. England at the Wunder Garten beer garden in NoMa. Enjoy lawn games, food trucks, and plenty of beer!
Friday, June 29
– One of DC’s most popular dance clubs, Town, is closing its doors. Before they shut down, they are hosting the party to end all parties to celebrate the memories. This can’t-miss event will feature a drag show and a special performance from the Ladies of Town.
– The Renwick’s very popular crafty happy hour pop-ups are in Farragut Square this week. Grab lunch at your favorite food truck, then make your own Handi-hour craft piece inspired by Burning Man.
Saturday, June 30
– A prelude to 4th of July celebrations, the All American Bar Crawl celebrates America’s birthday with a day full of star-spangled shenanigans. Each person receives a souvenir event mug, access to Dupont’s best bars, and exclusive food and drink specials!
– The Taste of Fairfax is an afternoon celebration filled with good food samplings, exhibitors, performances, and live music. Purchase tickets today to avoid lines!
– Don’t miss out on one of DC’s biggest parties of the summer season! The Red, White and Brew Festival offers tasting flights with 100+ wines, craft beers, and ciders, plus access to DC’s best food trucks and local artisan markets.
– Calling all wine lovers! Laissez-Fair(e) is your chance to drink your favorite glass of red or white while learning about high-quality, low-intervention wine.
– Ready for a day of sand volleyball? Dust off your summer visor, grab your favorite sunglasses, and team up with friends for this year’s coed, 6v6 Sand Volleyball Tournament. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. Winners will then advance to the semi-finals and hopefully make it to the final game!
Sunday, July 1
– Start off the American holiday week with the 4th annual Potomac River Running Store Freedom 5k and 1k Fun Run at Fairfax Corner.
– Enjoy a journey through the history of Bitters, Venezuelan chocolate, and premium rum. Project Bitters is an interactive class that includes a make your own Venezuelan-Chocolate bitters workshop to take home with you followed by a cocktail hour.
Monday, July 2
– Yoga and mimosas? Yes, please. Sauf Haus Bier Hall is hosting a community yoga session on their rooftop led by instructors from MINT DC. The $10 session includes an hour of yoga plus a complimentary morning cocktail.
Tuesday, July 3
– Sam Smith is coming to Capital One Arena as part of his The Thrill of It All Tour. He will be singing selections from his latest album, as well as past fan favorites.
– Come for the game, stay for the fireworks. The Nationals are hosting the Red Sox and following the game, there will be a fireworks showcase to welcome the All-American holiday.
Have any suggestions for cool stuff happening this week? Tag us using #FrayLife in social to let us know!
Are you bored of touring the same museums and monuments? Check these 7 secret spots.
View More Articles By Jackson Dean
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »