1: Even though the breezes aren’t getting cooler and the leaves have yet to start changing colors, Fall is right around the corner here in DC. Luckily, the District is in full-blown summer mode for most of September, so there’s still plenty to keep you busy this coming month. Need some ideas? You came 
2: Even though the breezes aren’t getting cooler and the leaves have yet to start changing colors, Fall is right around the corner here in DC. Luckily, the District is in full-blown summer mode for most of September, so there’s still plenty to keep you busy this coming month. Need some ideas? You came 
Even though the breezes aren’t getting cooler and the leaves have yet to start changing colors, Fall is right around the corner here in DC. Luckily, the District is in full-blown summer mode for most of September, so there’s still plenty to keep you busy this coming month.
Need some ideas? You came to the right place because we’re here to make sure your entire September is FOMO-free!
Read below for cool concerts, shows, fairs, festivals galore, and more. Get out and live the #FrayLife this September, and make sure to tag us on social for a chance to be regrammed!
Saturday, September 1
– If you follow America’s arts and culture scene in any way, there’s a good chance you’ve heard of Hamilton. Lin Manuel-Miranda’s momentous play is in Washington DC until the 16th of September.
– Just because the NFL season hasn’t started doesn’t mean football won’t be played! Ride down to FedEx Field to catch a neutral-site game between the University of Texas at Austin and the University of Maryland on college football’s opening weekend on September 1st. Grab tickets here!
Sunday, September 2
– Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend with the MINI BBQ by The Midnite BBQ at the Big Chief Restaurant for food, fun, photo booths, and more!
– Catch the National Symphony Orchestra’s annual Labor Day Concert on the West Lawn of the US Capitol.
Monday, September 3
– Summer might be coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop. Penn 6’s Bottomless Brunch is back this Labor Day with half off Bottomless Champagne Bar and BOTTOMLESS SLIDERS.
Tuesday, September 4
– Yoga, Barre, and Pilates classes will be happening every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in Farragut Park sponsored by Golden Triangle Events.
– We’re sure you’ll “Adorn” this, catch Miguel with performing live, so get to “Sky-Walking” to The Anthem for a great concert.
Wednesday, September 5
– Are you a history buff? A game enthusiast? Join us for Vintage Game Night at the Woodrow Wilson house, your perfect mid-week happy hour.
Friday, September 7
– Whether you’re indulging in old favorites or sampling new editions from up-and-coming vineyards, toast Summer and welcome Fall with this year’s Drink the District: Wine Edition.
Saturday, September 8
– Ready for a day of sand volleyball? Dust off your summer visor or grab your favorite sunglasses and team up with your best teammates for this year’s coed, 4v4 Sand Volleyball Tournament. Register here for more details!
– Football season is around the corner, but are you in GAME DAY shape?!
Get in shape and learn (or re-learn!) some skills at DRILLS Practice – DC Fray’s flag football league preseason training day. Head here for more details!
– Curated by Questlove, the musicians who performed with Prince throughout his career come together for one evening to honor the earth-shattering, genre-smashing musician behind “Purple Rain,” “Kiss,” “When Doves Cry,” and countless other hits.
– Come and enjoy Bright-N-Pint! The country’s largest, most electrified, brightly colored and neon themed bar crawl starts at 2 p.m. and will have you bar-hopping all around Dupont Circle with thousands of your closest friends!
Sunday, September 9
– MARK YOUR CALENDARS and get ready for the grassroots celebration of Adams Morgan’s eclectic history, culture, businesses, and residents at ADAMS MORGAN DAY 2018.
Tuesday, September 11
-Join DC Fray and other district yogis for Glow Yoga on the Mall as the sun sets on Tuesday, September 11th.
– Still feel like you’re in your glory sports days? Or just want a fun way to make new friends this fall? Tuesday 9/11 is the last day of registration for team sports for DC Fray, so head over here to sign up your squad before it’s too late!
Thursday, September 13
– Explore the National Gallery after hours! Enjoy works of art, live music, and dance performances. There will also be dozens of pop-up talks from engaging Gallery educators, hands-on art-making, and other activities throughout the iconic East Building, free of charge.
– Play and slay in DC’s style district for an evening of shopping deals, sips and bites at 65+ stores and restaurants as DC transitions into the fall fashion season and everyone’s back from summer vacation. #GeorgetownTwilightShop
Friday, September 14
-Red Bull Reign is a unique 3-on-3 global basketball tournament, challenging the world’s top ballers to put their skills to the test for a chance to be crowned street ball champions! Hoop hopefuls from 16 nations against one and other in a high- endurance, offense-driven battle, culminating in the return of the Red Bull Reign World Finals in Washington, D.C.
Saturday, September 15
– The H Street Festival is an annual fair designed to showcase the unique qualities of this vibrant Washington, D.C. community. It’ll feature more than 500 artists and performances on 14 stages plus an array of local, regional, and international cuisine, shopping, art exhibits, educational events, seminars and conversations with local entrepreneurs and community organizations.
– Compassion Over Killing is proud to host the annual DC VegFest in the nation’s capital! This free event is the largest vegan celebration on the East Coast.
– Fiesta DC Latino Festival has been held each year in Washington DC for forty-five years. It is an annual celebration of Latino culture that features a Parade of Nations that displays and preserves the Native Latino culture.
Tuesday, September 18
– Miss out on playing in our Fall team sports leagues?? No problem! Our Fall Bar Sports registration is open for one more day. Take a look at our cornhole, bocce, skeeball, and other leagues, assemble your squad, and sign up today before you miss out! Registration ends 9/18 at midnight.
Wednesday, September 19
Thursday, September 21
– Let us take you out to the ballgame and take you out to the crowd to see the Nationals play the New York Mets at Nationals Park. Join us for pregame happy hour drink specials (2 for 1 Coors Lights… ALL night!) at Due South Dockside where you will pick up tickets from the DC Fray Event Squad. Enjoy the game with us in group seating at the Scoreboard Pavilion…a prime location close to the field and the beer! Sign up here!
– Get ready to up your Instagram game! Get great smartphone pictures every time with our photography workshop. You’ll learn some basic rules of photography, how to spot good lighting, composition, and more.
Friday, September 22
– After a yearlong hiatus, Washington, DC’s popular Trillectro Music Festival is making its grand return this year and announced a star-studded lineup featuring festival queen SZA, 2 Chainz and RL Grime as the headliners. Tickets are available here!
– Visit the Newseum for FREE during the Smithsonian’s “Museum Day!”
Saturday, September 23
– The DC State Fair is a free showcase of the District’s agricultural and creative talents. Enjoy this daylong celebration of all things homegrown.
– Eat and drink your way through a Sunday afternoon in one of DC’s most historic yet hip neighborhoods during Taste of Georgetown.
– Kick off the Smithsonian-wide Hispanic Heritage Month celebration at “ZooFiesta: Un día de diversión animal para toda la familia”. This free event will include a variety of fun-filled family activities including live music, authentic gourmet cuisine, and educational activities about conservation in Central and South America.
Thursday, September 27
– Working your way from the foreman of “The Office” to lounging in a “Hot Tub Time Machine” is an interesting way to climb the social ladder. Even more interesting? Seeing Craig Robinson do standup. Catch the comedian at the DC Improv from September 27th-29th.
Friday, September 28
– Truckeroo is a monthly festival held at The Bullpen showcasing the hottest food trucks in the DC area.
– If you’re totally hooked on the feeling you get after a run or those post-yoga vibes then prepare yourself because Wanderlust’s 108, the world’s only mindful triathlon, is coming to Washington, DC. Get ready for an entire day devoted to wellness and mindfulness that will clear your head, strengthen your body, and fill you to the brim with that feel-good energy! Register here for more information!
– Produced by local powerhouse Culture Shock DC, Volume IV: The Enlightenment is a mixed-bill evening choreographed and performed by company members. This eclectic company of 150 dancers uses hip-hop dance, spoken word, and live music to inspire positive change in their community. Check back here soon to find out more about tickets.
– Celebrate the 11th season of free opera broadcasts by joining Washington National Opera at Nationals Park for The Barber of Seville on Saturday at 7 p.m. Gates open at 5pm for pre-opera activities, including a costume shop, instrument meet and greet, games, prizes, and more!
If we missed any fun events coming to DC this September that you’re pumped about. make sure to share us in your fun by #FrayLife #DCFray on social!
View More Articles By Zachary Haynes