Imagine being immersed in part museum exhibit and part dance party, complete with bar crawls and fireworks.
That’s essentially what July in DC is all about and #FrayLife is here to maximize your opportunities for fun.
If those activities don’t get your juices flowin’, we’ve got plenty of other events including concerts, yoga on yoga, river tubing, and even a collection of Asian food festivals. This will certainly be a July to remember, so strap in and throw your hands up as we send you on a roller coaster ride to make fun possible!
Here’s what we’ve selected for your next month ahead:
Sunday, July 1
– Start off the American holiday week with the 4th annual Potomac River Running Store Freedom 5k and 1k Fun Run at Fairfax Corner.
– Wanna hit the weights or crank out some cardio for FREE? If you are or ever have been a DC Fray player, then get ready to save on gym fees this July! That’s right, our awesome sponsor Balance Gym is hooking you up with free workouts for the entire month of July! Want in? Show up to ANY Balance Gym location during the month of July wearing your favorite DC Fray t-shirt (United Social Sports shirts work too!) and you get to workout for free. Classes except for CrossFit and BalanceBurn are free as well!
– Enjoy a journey through the history of Bitters, Venezuelan chocolate, and premium rum. Project Bitters is an interactive class that includes a make your own Venezuelan-Chocolate bitters workshop to take home with you followed by a cocktail hour.
Monday, July 2
– Yoga and mimosas? Yes, please. Sauf Haus Bier Hall is hosting a community yoga session on their rooftop led by instructors from MINT DC. The $10 session includes an hour of yoga plus a complimentary morning cocktail.
Tuesday, July 3
– Sam Smith is coming to Capital One Arena as part of his The Thrill of It All Tour. He will be singing selections from his latest album, as well as past fan favorites.
– Come for the game, stay for the fireworks. The Nationals are hosting the Red Sox and following the game, there will be a fireworks showcase to welcome the All-American holiday.
Wednesday, July 4
– Known as America’s largest Independence Day parade, this red, white, and blue spectacle begins on the corner of Constitution Ave and 7th St NW and ends at Constitution Ave and 17th St NW. The parade starts at 11:45, so make sure to get there early!
– Celebrate the 4th at Dacha Beer Garden with the DC Brau crew! They’ll have giant Jenga, prizes, swag, and other festivities.
– The National Building Museum continues to deliver exciting exhibits. Fun House is no different! Opening July 4th, this event includes a sequence of interactive rooms featuring well-known Snarkitecture environments and objects, as well as new concepts developed for the Museum’s Great Hall.
Friday, July 6
– Get ready to wake up and dance! The National Building Museum continues its streak of can’t-miss events with Daybreaker. Start your Friday off right a morning yoga and dance party complete with free breakfast treats, fresh coffee, and healthy juices.
Saturday, July 7
– Come out and grab a taste of Asia at the Chinatown Community Festival. Street food will be provided by local Asian restaurants and cultural demonstrations will take place across the entire block of I St.
– Celebrate one of the most historic towns in Virginia with Alexandria’s Birthday bash along the Potomac waterfront! Enjoy live music by the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra, food vendors, a dazzling fireworks display, and, of course, birthday cake!
– Experience a one-of-a-kind theatre, music, and art festival. The Capital Fringe Festival is a month-long spectacle features artists and performers from the vibrant independent art community. With a mission to bring artists and audiences together, this is a must-see event.
– The Potomac Pirate Booze Cruise is anything but an ordinary night on the town. Enjoy the open layout, large upper-deck, full bar, and surround sound music. This magical night is centered around great music, dancing, new friends, delicious cocktails, beautiful views, and warm breezes. Don’t forget to channel your inner Jack Sparrow and dress up in your pirate attire!
Sunday, July 8
– DC Vault is celebrating their 10-year anniversary and to commemorate the special occasion, they’re hosting a pole vault competition free to everyone who wants to test their aerial luck against the best of the best.
Monday, July 9
– Bar Sports Alert! A quick reminder that registration for all DC Fray bar sports closes at midnight! Take advantage of our popular leagues like cornhole and bocce!
Tuesday, July 10
– Taylor Swift is back at FedEx Field for another unforgettable performance. She will be showcasing her “Reputation” tour with special guests Camila Cabello and Charlie XCX.
– Join DC Fray and other district yogis for Glow Yoga on the Mall as the sun sets! Meet us on the mall to light up the night in glow sticks and paint as our favorite instructor from Balance Gym, Andrea, leads you through an hour-long Vinyasa Flow. Bring your own mat, and we’ll bring the glow and coconut water from ZICO!
Thursday, July 12
– Oops, I did it again. The one and only Britney Spears makes her way to MGM National Harbor for a two-night concert series featuring a collection of new songs, as well as your favorite classics.
Friday, July 13
– The Embassy of France is opening its doors for Bastille Day! Start your fictional trip to France by tasting a selection of foods from the best local chefs, participate in a silent auction filled with wonderful French items, and sip a glass of French wine while listening to live music.
Saturday, July 14
– DJ Diesel aka Shaq, yes that Shaq, teams up with Cash Cash at Echostage to bring you a night filled with good vibes.
– Ready for a day of sand volleyball? Dust off your summer visor, grab your favorite sunglasses, and team up with friends for this year’s coed, 6v6 Sand Volleyball Tournament. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. Winners will then advance to the semi-finals and hopefully make it to the final game!
Tuesday, July 17
– There’s a first time for everything. The district is finally hosting the MLB All Star Game. Watch the greatest players in the world face off against each other in a battle that will determine World Series home-field advantage!
Wednesday, July 18
– What is better than one Chipotle burrito? TWO Chipotle burritos! We’re teaming up with our friends at Chipotle Mexican Grill to bring you Buy One Get One FREE deal on burritos, bowls, salads, or tacos! Visit any locations in the DMV on July 18th with your DC Fray (or United Social Sports) t-shirt to get double the food.
Thursday, July 19
– Love animals? Love drinking beer, too? Get the best of both worlds at the Smithsonian’s Brew at the Zoo fundraising event to raise money for the Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute’s mission to save species. Some of the event’s highlights include unlimited beer tastings from more than 70 breweries, as well as encounters with exotic animals!
– If you’re an event planning professional, be sure to check out the Washington Women in PR Event Planning Panel. Some of DC’s event industry pros will help break down what gives an event that extra spark.
Friday, July 20
– Let us take you out to the ballgame and take you out to the crowd to see the Nationals play the Atlanta Braves at Nationals Park. Join us for pregame happy hour drink specials (2 for 1 Coors Light.. ALL night!) at Due South where you will pick up tickets and then enjoy the game with us in group seating at the Scoreboard Pavillion…a prime location close to the field and the beer!
Saturday, July 21
– Grab your cooler, favorite drinks, and swimsuit and get ready to get lit river tube style! We’ll provide the transportation, tubes, and watergun action for you to enjoy the day floating and partying down the river.
– If you’re a fan of cornhole, then you want to be at Penn Social for the Habitat Young Professionals 6th Annual Cornhole Tournament. Prizes will be awarded to the winning team and the team with the most creative team name. Raffles will be held throughout the event, giving you more chances to win some great prizes!
Friday, July 27
– Calling all campers! The Newseum is hosting a one-of-a-kind camping experience complete with games, live music, and crafting. Don’t forget about the signature cocktails and a massive bonfire.
Saturday, July 28
– Bringing the excitement of tournament tennis to the District, the Citi Open is a fan favorite for all DC sports enthusiasts. This event features some of the best tennis pros in the world, so buy a ticket before it’s too late!
– Get ready for another unforgettable experience at the second annual DC Field Day. Join hundreds of young professionals on Saturday, July 28, 2018 to relive your favorite day of elementary school… at a whole new level. We’ll have classic games with an adult twist! Expect sack races, tug-of-war, an obstacle course, and get ready for a few surprises! In case that’s not enough to look forward to, we will have food trucks, a bar, and a Field Day market with samples & swag for you and your team.
If we missed any other fun events in the city, let us know using #FrayLife on social!
Looking to spice up your cocktail game? Check out these 4 Flaming Cocktails That’ll Get You Lit This Weekend.
View More Articles By Jackson Dean
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »