We hope you’ve recovered from your President’s Day Weekend, and are ready to take on the last full week of February…and the winter weather coming with it.
Maybe you want to take it easy this week since Mardi Gras is next weekend (or need to because you’re snowed in).
But if you’re always up for an adventure like we are, this week’s wins will help you find something fun to do regardless of what Mother Nature has in store!
– The eighth season of “Game of Thrones will air in less than two months. But before it does, brush up on your knowledge of the show at Nick’s Riverside Grill for a fun night of GOT trivia! There will be five rounds with challenging questions on the last seven seasons. Trivia begins at 7:30 p.m. If winter comes and we end up getting 6-8 inches of snow, skip trivia and binge watch GOT on-demand all day.
– Begin your Mardi Gras celebrations early with bartender Jim Hewes and food historian Ashley Young, at “History Happy Hour: History of the Big Easy – 300 Years of Cocktails, Cuisine and Culture.” You will learn about the rich history of New Orleans, how to make the Big Easy-inspired cocktails, and taste traditional New Orleans food. This event will take place at the Willard InterContinental at 6 p.m. Tickets are $54.
– Enjoy a night of crafting and cocktails at Shop Made in DC. Cocktails and snack will be available for purchase as you unleash your most creative crafting skills. No art experience is necessary to participate. The fun begins at 5 p.m., and you can register for the event here.
– “I Need to Know” singer Marc Anthony will perform at the Capital One Arena Friday night. The lowest priced tickets are currently $79. The show begins at 9 p.m.
– Daybreaker DC is back to help you kick off your morning the fun way! The theme for this month’s event is “Burning With Love” to celebrate self-love, friendship, love of art, community, family, and of course DANCE. The morning will begin with yoga, followed by a dance party, surprises and performances, kombucha, and breakfast bites. Make sure to wear red! Tickets are $35, and the party will begin at 6 a.m. at SAAM’s Renwick Gallery.
– Lucky Strike will host a hip-hop vs. trap silent dance party from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Both genres are known to start a party, but you decide which one creates the best party! Tickets are $13.50.
– Please your taste buds at the Chocolate, Wine & Whiskey Festival at The Showroom. From sweet hand-rolled truffles to gooey chocolate fondue, and bubbling prosecco and fine whiskeys, your taste buds will be thanking you. With your $45 ticket, you’ll receive chocolate samples, a wine glass and unlimited pours of premium wines, ciders, and craft beers, unlimited samples of whiskeys and other spirits, and delicious food and sweets. The festival begins at 12 p.m.
– The French Embassy will take you to the French Rivera without you actually having to leave DC with its Mardi Gras celebration! Enjoy an evening of French cuisine, an open bar, a DJ, dancing, and nightclub experience, a caricaturist, carnival fashion competition, film festival, crepes bar, and more! Tickets are $99, and the party begins at 6:30 p.m.
– Decide who should win the “Battle of the Barrels” during a two-hour tasting session at One Eight Distilling. 3 Stars Brewing, Charm City Meadworks, Don Ciccio & Figli, Oliver Brewing, One Eight Distilling and Supreme Core Cider will battle it out with their barrel-aged beers, mead, cider and Amaro. Barbeque from Sloppy Mama’s BBQ will also be served with your drinks. Tickets are $25
– In college, we all tried to save money by feasting on microwaveable ramen. Now that those days are over, come taste authentic ramen at Mess Hall Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. Ramen from places like Bad Saint, Himitsu, Daikaya, Pho Wheels, and Paper Horse will be available to chow down on. Plus, there will be a craft cocktail bar to go with your ramen! Your $90 ticket will get you unlimited food, beers, and cocktails, and you will get to take home a bottle of Tamari soy sauce or San-J marinade.
– Head to Port City Brewery Sunday afternoon for a beer and cheese tasting event. Your $45 ticket includes a tour of the brewery, beer tasting with 6 oz pours, a glass to take home, and cheese and charcuterie pairing. This event begins at 1 p.m.
– After work on Monday, get ready to mix and mingle at Rosa Mexicano! Tickets are $35 and include one free drink. The event begins at 5:30 p.m.
– Learn how to cook from Chef Sammy Davis at Catch 22. Davis has had the #1 online cooking class for five years in a row, and now you’ll have the chance to take the class in person! While learning his techniques, you’ll get to enjoy unlimited drinks. Tickets are $40, and the class begins at 7 p.m.
– We love taco Tuesday! And so does Tyber Creek Wine Bar & Kitchen. They will put on a Mexican wine & tacos event at 6:30 p.m. You will learn all about Mexican wine, and receive a hands-on education by getting to sip on three glasses of it and munch on tacos. Tickets are $45.
How will you spend the last full week of February? Share with us what awesome things you’re up to using #FrayLife #DCFray on social so we can join in your fun!
View More Articles By Briana Florez