The final countdown is here…Christmas is less than a week away.
If you’re becoming frantic and need to buy last-minute gifts, look no further than some of the holiday pop-up shops in the District this week. Want to start celebrating early? There are also plenty of Christmas parties to put you in a merry mood.
If you’re a sucker for Christmas music, then you can’t miss the All-Star Christmas Day Jazz Jam, or a holiday concert at the Kennedy Center on Christmas Eve to hear all your favorites!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays from all of us at DC Fray!
Wednesday, December 19
– Don’t miss our speed dating event at Big Chief from 7 to 9 p.m. If you’re more interested in meeting people in a relaxed environment and in person, rather than over the phone, this is the perfect event for you. Enjoy an extended happy hour, delicious food, and a raffle while getting to know your potential match! Registration is $25 and this event is for singles in their twenties and thirties.
– Head to Ozio Rooftop Lounge for a holiday wine tasting night! Six different wines will be available to taste. You will also learn about the wine industry from experts! Tickets are $25.
– Mezcal under the Mistletoe sounds like a fun holiday combination to us! The Royal will host a holiday cocktail party from 6:30 to 10 p.m. In conjunction with El Silencio Mezcal, several creative mezcal cocktails, seasonal holiday foods, and tastings will be offered during the event! Make sure to wear an ugly Christmas sweater, boozy prizes will be given out. Tickets are $60.
Thursday, December 20
– Satisfy your sweet tooth with this holiday desserts tour. Stops on the tour include the Willard Hotel for their signature mint julep, followed by the Oval Room for a hazelnut dacquoise or chocolate beet. Finally, the tour will end at Black Finn for a dessert slider. The tour begins at 7 p.m. and tickets are $50.
– Join DC business owner Timur Tugberk at Dyllan’s Raw Bar Grill for “Baby It’s Cold Outside,” an annual holiday event. There will be a complimentary open bar all night long, passed and buffet-style dinner samplings from Dyllans, VIP access to Dyllan’s beverage garden, live music, dancing, and special performances. Register for this event here!
– Time to jingle and mingle at BUREAU from 7 to 10 p.m. for “The Merriest of Hours.” Cocktails will be crafted and served by Standard Cocktail Co, accompanied by light snacks and a jolly time! Feel free to bring a new, unwrapped toiletry item to donate to Calvary Women’s Services, an organization that transforms the lives of homeless women in DC through the housing, health, education and employment programs. Tickets are $15.
Friday, December 21
– Need to do some last minute Christmas shopping? Check out the ArtRave Special Christmas Extravaganza from 3 to 9 p.m. on Rhode Island Avenue and 7th Street. This event is free!
– Make the most of the last Friday before Christmas by going on a holiday nightlife tour. Called, “Miracle of Pennsylvania Ave,” this tour will begin at The Willard Hotel where attendees will listen to caroling in the hotel lobby and enjoy a seasonal drink. The second stop is at the W Hotel. Enjoy breathtaking views of the city, while drinking delicious cocktails. A quick stop will be made at The National Christmas Tree, followed by bowling at Lucky Strike. The night will end with a bang at Ultra Bar for late night dancing! Tickets are $20.
– If you love drinking beer on a Friday night, The Bluejacket will have their Friday Night Tasting Tour from 7 to 8 p.m. As soon as you arrive, you will be offered a signature draft and then receive a full tour of the brewery and 3 samples, The tour will conclude with a visit to the Bottle Shop & Tasting room, and you’ll get to have 3 more samples accompanied with a snack! Tickets are $35.
Saturday, December 22
– Three days until Christmas, which means three days left of pre-Christmas celebrating! Ozio Rooftop Lounge’s pre-Christmas day party will take place at 5 p.m. Grab your best Christmas sweater, your Santa hat, and friends to celebrate with awesome music and drink specials all night long!
#FrayLife Tip: Want to check out the most INSANE holiday light displays DC has to offer? Learn where to find them here.
Sunday, December 23
– Another pre-holiday celebration will take place at RedRocks! Brunch will be served from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., and the day party is from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wear your best ugly Christmas sweater, and RSVP for free entry and drink specials.
– Tysons Biergarten’s 2nd Annual Festivus for the Rest of Us Celebration will take place at 8 p.m. Bring a gift with you that you don’t want, or need, to donate to charity. Come in for a cold drink and spread holiday cheer!
– Looking for a forever friend? City Dog Rescue will host an adoption event from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at Logan Hardware. Even if you’re not looking for a pup for yourself, it would make the best Christmas gift for a loved one!
Monday, December 24
– Ugly Christmas sweater parties are just ever so popular this holiday season. City Tap Penn House Quarter will host an Ugly Christmas sweater brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come and enjoy $9 bottomless mimosas, spiked cider and eggnog, and Santa themed pancakes on Christmas Eve!
– Listen to the stunning voices of the Choral Arts Chorus sing holiday classics at the Kennedy Center. This is the perfect way to get in the spirit right before Christmas! Santa, Frosty, and Rudolph might just make an appearance…You can buy tickets here.
Tuesday, December 25
– The day all of the previous fun events have been leading up to is here. After opening presents and spending time with family, bring everyone to the 20th annual All-Star Christmas Day Jazz Jam to end your night with good music. The show begins at 6 p.m. on the Millennium Stage at The Kennedy Center. Admission is free. Merry Christmas!
– Want to go out for Christmas dinner instead of staying in? The Sonoma Cellar has you covered with a Christmas dinner. For $30 a person, enjoy five delicious courses.
What are you doing this week to celebrate Christmas and the holidays? If you go to any of our recommended events (or awesome ones we forgot), don’t forget to tag us in your social media posts using #FrayLife #DCFray.
Speaking of this holidays, need some last-minute gift ideas that are #FrayLife approved? Check out our official holiday gift guide!
View More Articles By Briana Florez