We’re sure you spent all of last week carrying out your new year resolutions, right?
No better time for a fresh start than the present and we are here to help you out by making fun possible. This week’s edition of wins includes speed dating (it is cuffing season, you know), yoga and dance classes, a onesie bar crawl, and late night glow snow tubing!
Read below for our top picks, then get out around DC and have fun doing them!
Wednesday, January 9
– An Eastern Conference matchup will take place at the Capital One Arena Wednesday night. The Washington Wizards will take on the Philadelphia 76ers for the second night in a row, but this time in DC, at 7 p.m. Tickets are as low as $22.
Thursday, January 10
– Face it, being alone during cuffing season is absolutely no fun. Speed DC Dating will host a low key singles event, where you might just find that special someone! Get to know other people in a no-pressure, “private club atmosphere.” The event is at People Kitchen and Lounge, and will begin at 8 p.m. Tickets are $29.
– Interested in yoga, but don’t know how, or where to start? A four-week Intro to Yoga series perfect for beginners kicks off Thursday night at The Loft at lululemon. In the first week’s class, participants will be introduced to yoga and learn the basics. An individual class pass is $15, and the series pass is $40.
Friday, January 11
– Start your weekend laughing with actor and comedian Jay Pharoah. If you’re not familiar with him, he spent six years on Saturday Night Live and has done work on Bojack Horseman and Family Guy. The show will begin at 8 p.m. at the 9:30 Club. Tickets are $30.
– Find your rhythm Friday night at a salsa and bachata dance class. It doesn’t matter if you have years of experience or none at all. All are welcome! The salsa and bachata class is $20 and will take place at DanceSport at Dupont Circle at 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 12
– Cozying up in your warmest onesie and enjoying cold drinks with friends sounds like a comfy way to spend a Saturday! The DC Onesie Crawl is from 2-10 p.m. and features more than 10 U Street bars, DJ’s, drink specials, and more! Tickets are $20.
– Go late night glow snow tubing with us at Whitetail Resort! The night will begin with a pre-game at Kelly’s Irish Times, followed by a ride on the #FrayLife bus where there will be games, treats, and more fun! Once off the bus, you’ll enjoy two hours of awesome glow tubing. Don’t forget your flask! Get your tix here.
– For all you Harry Potter die-hards out there, the Auld Shebeen in Fairfax, Virginia will put on an adult, Harry Potter themed Yule Ball. The bar will become Hogwarts for one night. Dance the night away in the Great Hall and enjoy butter beer, Quidditch Pong, Professor Trelawney’s Trivia, Bertie Bott’s Best Guess Beans Competition, and more. The event is from 9:30 p.m. – 2 a.m. Tickets are $10.
Sunday, January 13
– Experience nature in a whole new way. An interactive exhibition of plants that musically responds to your own gestures and actions, in addition to insects, landscapes, and planets can be found at ARTECHOUSE Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. You can get your tickets here.
– Start of your Saturday morning with yoga in the Great Hall of The National Building Museum. The class is open to all skill levels. Following the class, you will go on a 40-minute tour of the museum. The class begins at 10 a.m. Tickets are $20.
Monday, January 14
– January 14 marks the start of Winter Restaurant Week! Many DC restaurants will offer multi-course and prix fixe meals for awesome prices. Learn more here.
– Hosting a party soon? Learn how to create the most exquisite cheese board from Cheesemonster owner, Alice Bergen Phillips. You will learn how to select the right cheeses and accompaniments, and design them in a way to stun your party guests. (You’ll get to snack while you learn too!) The class is at 7 p.m. at The Lemon Collective. Tickets are $45.
Tuesday, January 15
– After work, head to 12Twelve Lounge for hilarious jokes, music, happy hour drink specials, and delicious food! Experience local stand-up and improv comedians will entertain you all night long. Admission is free, but $5 at the door.
This time of year it’s easy to feel like you’re trapped inside with nothing to do, but DC actually has TONS going on. Have you hit up any of these 34 local January bucket list ideas yet? When you do any of the fun stuff on either list make sure to share it with us using #FrayLife #DCFray on IG!
View More Articles By Briana Florez