– It is every NFL fan’s favorite time of the year this week – Super Bowl weekend. Well, maybe not every fan’s favorite, since the Patriots are in it again.
– Regardless, there are plenty of watch parties around the District this week where you can drink the pain away that your team is not in it while rooting for the Rams.
– Football isn’t the only thing going on this week. You don’t want to miss DC’s biggest Adult Winter Festival, an awesome Galentine’s Day Party, a film festival, or wine tastings.
– Read on to learn more about these and other ways to make fun possible this week!
Wednesday, January 30
– It’s Carnival season! The U.S. Botanic Garden will host “Carnival of Flowers and Food” Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. You’ll get to sip on beverages and snack on carnival themed bites while touring the indoor garden and jamming out to beats of DJ Gravittron. This event is free, and if you are one of the first 100 to arrive, you will get a complimentary carnival mask!
– Unwind after a hard working day by taking a candlelight yoga class. Urban Athletic Club will put on the event at 7 p.m. at The Line Hotel. The class is free, but RSVP here.
Thursday, January 31
– If you love to watch short films, then you’ll love the “Best of International Shorts Film Festival Thursday night, at 7 p.m. The festival will be held at Landmark’s E Street Cinema. Tickets are $15.
– Ever complained about being “hangry” and then after a nice juicy bite into a steak, your entire mood changes? There’s a reason for that and the “Food, Mood, and Behavior” community wellness workshop will help you learn how food, exercise, and sleep affect your mood and behavior. The workshop will begin at 5 p.m. at the Merrifield Center in Fairfax, Virginia. Admission is free.
– Head to Buffalo Billiards for trivia night at 6:30 p.m. Your knowledge on all things animals, history, and pop culture will be put to the test! And to warm up your brain, get to Buffalo Billiards early for happy four from 4 -7 p.m.!
Friday, February 1
– Need that first date with someone special to lock in your Valentine’s Day plans? Take your date to Friday Night Laughs at Town Tavern for a no-pressure hilarious night of fun! Various local DC acts will make an appearance. An open bar and show ticket is only $25, and the show begins at 8 p.m.
– Want to get out of your Friday night comfort zone? Grab some friends and head to 18th Street Lounge for Argentine Tango lessons. The lessons are an hour long and then the dance party will start at 8:15 p.m. The fun will continue all night long as DJs and bands take over the entertainment later in the night. Tickets are $25.
– Munch and sip on beer and bites at Bluejacket Brewery. You will get to try a signature draft, and then receive a full tour of the brewery with 3 tasters along the way! At the end of the tour, you’ll get three more tasters and a special snack cooked for you by Bluejacket’s culinary team. The tour begins at 7 p.m., and tickets are $35.
Saturday, February 2
– Hey ladies! Grab your best gal pals and get your tickets to Galentine’s Day. The theme of this event is “Welcome to Miami.” Attendees will enjoy themed bites from GetPlated, drink fun cocktails, get delicious treats and gifts, and there will be a live DJ! This is the perfect way to spend a Saturday night with your best friends!
– Embrace the icy DC weather at Ice Yards 2019, DC’s adult winter festival! Icy cocktails will be served, there are interactive ice activities, food from various vendors, live music, and more! With your $10 ticket, you’ll receive one free wine or beer.
– Treat your sweet tooth at Ice Cream Jubilee to celebrate Lunar Year. The shop will serve tasting flights of 6 2 oz scoops, and you’ll receive an ice cream pint to take with you! Tickets are $16.
Sunday, February 3
– Get out of the house and avoid all the overcrowded sports bars to enjoy watching New England and Los Angeles face off at DC Fray’s official Big Game Watch party at City Winery! Your ticket includes free bar bites at halftime, Atlanta themed food & drink specials and your choice of 2 of the following: Themed Cocktail Flight (3 cocktails 3oz each); Wine Flight (3 wines – 3oz each); 2 PBRs.Additional food and drink special discounts will be available so you can fill up, hang out, and leave the mess behind… a game-winning plan!
– Let’s be real. No one wants to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl. If you want to cheer for the Rams this Sunday like the rest of most of America, Blackfinn Ameripub is hosting a Superbash Party for the game! The party includes your choice of all you can drink Bud Light, or wings and three beers. There will also be fun raffles throughout the night! The party begins at 5:30 p.m. and tickets are $40.
– For all the Philly fans out there not happy about this year’s turnout, but still want to watch the Super Bowl anyway, Sign of the Whale will also host a watch party and have Yuengling on draft, Philly cheesesteaks, and more than 20 draft beers. Doors open at 4 p.m., and tickets are $25.
Monday, February 4
– Explore and learn about sherry with International Sherry Week Ambassador and certified Sherry Educator, Chantal Tseng. You will learn about how the Spanish spirit got its start and the ins and outs of its flavors. Tasty food will also be served, and of course, you’ll get to taste Sherry throughout the workshop. The night begins at 6 p.m. at Mola, and tickets are $50.
– Sherry not really your taste? Then just head to Sonoma Wine Cellar in Alexandria, Monday night. SoCel will host a wine class at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20 for members and $40 for non-members.
Tuesday, February 5
– Join the Washington Capitals for their annual Pride Night OUT, at their game against the Vancouver Canucks. Discounted tickets are $55 and include a free Caps shirt! There will also be a pre-game party at the Greene Turtle at 5:30 p.m. where you can get happy hour drinks and half off apps!
– Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl this weekend? Let us know who you’re cheering for, and where you’re watching the game using #FrayLife on social!
View More Articles By Briana Florez