In the mood this week for some wine, whisky, or chocolate perhaps?
Or, maybe you just want to catch some awesome films, party at a bar crawl, or even get a good workout in for free?
This week’s wins include all of these exciting events and more! We can’t wait for you to check them out.
Wednesday, January 23
– If you’re a fan of the show, “Parks and Recreation,” show off how great your fandom is at “Parks and Rec” Trivia at Nick’s Riverside Grill. Trivia begins at 7 p.m. and registration is free.
– Join pineapple DC at Flight Wine Bar to become a wine connoisseur. You will hear from panelists about wine as an agricultural product, learn to distinguish conventional wines from natural wines, and so much more. By the end of the conversation, you’ll be able to pick the perfect bottle of wine to match your taste, and you will get to enjoy a tasting of two featured wines accompanied by bites from Pear Plum Cafe. The event begins at 7:30 p.m., and tickets are $35.
– “Take Flight” at The Watergate Hotel, and try various whiskeys from The Next Whisky Bar. You will taste whiskeys from Crown Royal, Johnnie Walker, Tullamore Dew, Bulleit, WhistlePig, and Macallan at different igloos throughout the bar. Halfway through the tasting, enjoy delicious food during the “layover.” Tickets are $75, and the tasting begins at 5 p.m.
– Treat yourself with a night of bourbon and good food at Bourbon in the Ballpark. The four-course dinner will be held in the clubhouse at Nats Park, with the team’s executive chef, Vince Navarrete leading your bourbon and food pairing experience. The dinner begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $250.
Thursday, January 24
– A “Wild & Scenic Film Festival” will take place Thursday night at Landmark’s E Street Cinema. The festival will show films that inform, ignite, and inspire solutions to change earth and humanity in a positive way for generations to come. Happy hour begins at 6 p.m. and the program starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $30.
– Get ready to plunge in the freezing cold for charity at the Maryland Polar Bear Plunge in Annapolis, Maryland. The plunge will benefit Special Olympics Maryland. There will be contests and live entertainment, and the plunge will take place all weekend long. Registration is $75.
– Country music singer Kacey Musgraves will hit The Anthem Thursday Night with her “Oh, What a World Tour.” There are limited tickets left, so get yours now! The concert begins at 8 p.m.
Friday, January 25
– Say farewell to The Sheppard and hang out with them one last night before they permanently close their doors. Your ticket to their farewell party includes small bites and a premium open bar during your allotted ticket time. Tickets are $60.
– Enter a musical journey through the last ten years of the 20th century with White Ford Bronco, a 90s cover band. The group will play Friday night at Rock & Roll Hotel. They play everything 90s, from alternative to rock and pop to hip hop. Show begins at 9 p.m. and tickets are $25.
Saturday, January 26
– Check out the ultimate mechanical beasts at Monster Jam. The event will take place at the Capital One Arena at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets start at only $15.
– Warm up with flights of wine and cider at City Winery and Supreme Core Cider’s event, Resolution Breakers Ball. The goal of this event is to help you break your resolutions– oops! A Mac & Cheese spin-off will be paired with each flight. Plus, there will be live music, drawings, swag, and show tickets! Tickets for this fun event are only $25.
– Everyone loves a good bar crawl, especially a crawl that is for a good cause! Special Olympics DC will host a bar crawl in Petworth from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m., which will benefit Special Olympics DC athletes. Bars included in the crawl are Midlands DC, DC Reynolds, and Looking Glass. Your ticket includes a wristband for drink specials, a koozie, one free raffle ticket, and a donation to Special Olympics DC. Tickets are $25.
Sunday, January 27
– Sample yummy chocolates at the Eighth Annual McLean Chocolate Festival, in support of McLean Rotary. In addition to tasting the chocolates of local chocolatiers, there will also be live entertainment all afternoon! This sweet event will be held at McLean Community Center at 11 a.m. Admission is only $2, and tickets are purchased on site.
– Find your purpose this year with the help of Fitbit Local and dynamic vinyasa flow at Equinox Sports Club. This workout event is free, and be sure to bring your own yoga mat. The class begins at 10 a.m.
– Travel to Down Under at Blackfinn Ameripub’s Australia Day Party. There will be classic Aussie music, four n’ twenty meat pies, a 50/50 cash raffle, and more! Costumes are highly encouraged. With your ticket, you will get a free beer and appetizer, and access to food and drink specials. The party starts at 7 p.m. Get your ticket now, mate!
Monday, January 28
– Head to Penn Social Monday night for BackCountry Film Festival. At the festival you will get too see amazing films that will take you to more than 100 cities in the United States, Canada, Chile and Australia. There will also be a raffle, and proceeds from the event will benefit the Winter Wildlands Alliance. Tickets are $15, and the festival begins at 7 p.m.
– Learn how to dance Salsa and Bachata Sunday night at “Latin Party.” After your two dance lessons, you will get to practice what you learned for the rest of the night on the dance floor! Tickets are $15, and the party begins at 9 p.m.
Tuesday, January 29
– Get a preview taste of an upcoming DC Tex-Mex Restaurant & cafe, Republic Cantina, at a 5-course preview dinner. Your ticket includes the cost of the food, and alcohol will be available to purchase additionally. You’ll get to enjoy dishes like Queso Compuesto, Guacamole Salad, Tuna Al Pastor, Cheese and Brisket Enchiladas, and Tres Leches Banana Pudding. There are two dinner times, 6:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., tickets are $32.
What are you most looking forward to this week? Let us know in the comments below, and be sure to share with us using #FrayLife and #DCFray on social!
Check out these other winter-friendly activities happening in the District; don’t let winter hold your social life hostage!
View More Articles By Briana Florez