Prevent FOMO this week by enjoying free outdoor movies, listening to some live music or feasting on a few dozen delicious Maryland crabs.
There are tons of things to do around DC this week and we put together a list of the best of the best (added bonus, many of them being free).
Get out there and live your best life this week, and don’t forget to share your fun with us by tagging #FrayLife!
Wednesday, July 11th
– Celebrate summer with Heineken’s After Work Beach Party hosted on the rooftop of the Rock and Roll Hotel! RSVP here for your free ticket and be one of the first 50 people in the door to score a free Heineken.
– Wednesday is no longer just an average day, thanks to Wednesday’s at The Wharf! They are hosting a series of free summer concerts that brings live music to Transit Pier every week. No matter your genre of music, they have a Wednesday perfect for you.
Thursday, July 12th
– Ivy City SmokeHouse Tavern & Market will be hosting the Ivy City Crab Boil at Glen’s Garden Market. Their truck will be parked outside serving fresh Maryland crabs, along with wine, beer pairings and more! The party starts on the patio at 5:30 pm and lasts until they sell out.
– Get ready for the 5th annual Sweet Summer Series Adams Morgan! Register for free to enjoy some frozen treats, crafts, socializing and more.
– The Capitol Riverfront Outdoor Movie Series returns to Canal Park this summer with awesome free showings! Grab your picnic blanket, snacks and friends to go watch “A League of Their Own.”
Friday, July 13th
– Get yourself a free ice cream loaded with all the toppings you could want at the Free Ice Cream Social at Union Market from 5-9pm! This social will have ice cream from Dolcezza Gelato, Ice Cream Jubilee, Trickling Springs Creamery and Love n’ Faith. Enjoy some live music while devouring your cone!
– Head down to the Bullpen to listen to the all 90’s band, White Ford Bronco. New songs, same decade, same awesome show! Doors open at 6 pm, and the show is from 7-10pm. Tickets are sold on Eventbrite for $18, or $20 cash at the door!
– Check out DC’s best comedians at Moonlight Mic Comedy Show at Ventnor Sports Cafe. Their wide variety of craft beers and cocktails make for the perfect night for some stand-up Oh, and did we mention it’s free?
– To kick off the weekend, the Nationals are constructing the largest interactive baseball theme park in the world called FanFest. This event will run for all five days and feature a few MLB legends and cutting edge attractions, as well as free autographs and daily giveaways. Attendees include the Nationals’ Ryan Zimmerman, as well as Hall of Famers such as Andre Dawson, Ferguson Jenkins, Johnny Bench and Dave Winfield.
Saturday, July 14th
– Head over to Old Town Alexandria Waterfront Park for the 16th annual Alexandria Comcast Outdoor Film Festival. On Saturday at dusk, they’ll be showing the new Wonder Woman! (Bonus: this movie showing is free!)
– Lost Society is hosting an all-new Lost Brunch & Day Party! (make sure to RSVP for free admission) Their $35 brunch buffet from 12:30-3pm with mimosas and bloody marys is out of this world. Their Day Party from 3-8pm has plenty of discount drink specials and is the perfect spot to post-brunch!
– This year’s BAFC Cookout Festival is legendary. Plenty of live music, a variety of amazing food, strong drinks and good times, make this years festival a must-go event! Bring your crew, stocked cooler, appetite, best lawn chair and friends to enjoy a sunny Saturday. Get your tickets here.
– The largest 5k series in the world is invading the Capitol Riverfront! The Color Run is a superhero-inspired course features a Foam Blaster area and a Hero Zone, complete with participant kits filled with goodies and MLB mascots to help cheer you on.
#FrayLife Tip: The start-line window will be open from 8 a.m. until 8:45 a.m! Make sure you plan your day with plenty of time.
Sunday, July 15th
– Chase away those Sunday scaries this week at O’Sullivan’s Irish Pub. From 6-8pm join us for some free bar bingo. Oh, and did we mention we’ve got some free beer and swag up for grabs?
– Head down to The Yard for some Sunday brunch hosted by the Ritz Carlton Hotel. Featuring a variety of regionally-inspired, gourmet dishes and sip on some bottomless mimosas and bloody marys!
– DC favorite Lost & Found is hosting a can’t miss summertime All-Star BBQ! Food will be brought in from BBW Bus Smokehouse and live 80s, 90s, and 00s jams will be played all afternoon. And obviously, there will be plenty of cold beer, cocktails, and bubbly.
Monday, July 16th
– Chubbies in Georgetown is capitalizing on All-Star fever with a baseball-themed in-store popup from 7/12 – 7/17. There are awesome events every day, but our favorite has to be the chance to meet Joey Chesnut live in person fresh off his world-record setting performance in this year’s hot dog eating contest. Check him out Monday before trivia starts at 7:30 pm.
– Missed out on our previous bingo? No worries, head to KingFisher DC for another Bar Bingo with DC Fray from 8-10pm. Grab a drink and a bingo sheet, it’s free to enter and there are plenty of opportunities to win prizes. No strings attached!
– Let’s be real, the MLB All-Star Home Run Derby is probably our favorite event of All-Star Week. While the candidates have yet to be announced, expect a star-studded list of power hitters ready to send those baseballs back, back, back…and gone!
Tuesday, July 17th
– Added Color is coming to Song Byrd Record Cafe and Music House starting at 7:30 pm! Whether they’re playing big stages in Brazilian festivals or more intimate venues, Added Color always brings a high energy performance to the audience. Snag your tickets here.
– The week closes out with the grandest spectacle of all: the MLB All-Star Game. The brightest stars from the American League and the National League fight for World Series home-field advantage. The entire world will be watching as one league looks to claim victory and bragging rights for the next year.
View More Articles By Kristiana Johnson