No, you’re not dreaming. The Caps finally won the Stanley Cup AND DC is still pumping out awesome summer activities. What a city we live in!
With the victory parade sadly behind us, #FrayLife is here to keep the celebration going. This week features a little bit of everything with must-see documentaries, food truck festivals, unforgettable Father’s Day experiences, and more!
Here’s what we’ve got planned out over this historic week in the city:
Wednesday, June 13
– Considered one of the leading documentary festivals in the country, AFI Docs presents a diverse collection of documentaries ranging in topics from politics, to education, to health and fitness.
– Enjoy one of the best seasonal happy hours in DC with the Summer Happy Hour at Georgetown’s Ritz-Carlton held in their beautiful terraced garden.
Thursday, June 14
– Jazz on Jackson Place kicks off the 2018 season! Held in the courtyard of the historic Decatur House on Lafayette Square, this monthly concert series includes unlimited drinks and hors d’oeuvres in the ticket price.
– One of DC’s most popular radio stations, 95.5 WPGC, is turning back the clock with their annual anniversary concert, Birthday Bash at the 9:30 Club! Featured artists include E.U., Big Daddy Kane, DJ Kool, and Biz Markie.
Friday, June 15
– Truckeroo brings a variety of local food trucks to the Fairgrounds at Yards Park. From cookies and milk to Vietnamese sandwiches, this world-famous festival offers something tasty for the entire family!
– The traveling Harlem Fine Arts Show is in town and they are offering a complimentary happy hour event! Experience a can’t miss exhibit while sipping on delicious cocktails.
Saturday, June 16
– A great choice for Father’s day weekend, the American Tribute to World Beers Festival hosts 25+ breweries and offers something for the entire family, including pets! Enjoy great food, a diverse collection of brews, yard games, and more.
– If you missed out on DC Fray’s popular Sunset Zipline & Bonfire Party, have no fear! Tickets are still available. Take advantage of the amazing views, yummy BBQ, and all you can drink beer & wine!
– With more than 70 of the very best craft beers and 25+ wines available for unlimited tasting, Summerfest DC is sure to have something to satisfy everyone’s taste buds. This highly anticipated event also features live music, delicious food, arts, and games!
Sunday, June 17
– Rock icon Bono and his band U2 returns to Capital One Arena for an epic performance as they showcase selections from their eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour.
– Win Father’s Day with Brunch on the Baselines! This all-inclusive brunch is on the field at Nats Park and features all of your favorite menu options from mimosas, to bloody mary’s, to chick and waffles, and, of course, bacon.
– Looking to include some fitness on Father’s Day? Try the Run 4 Your Dad Father’s Day 4 Miler! This completely flat course follows the C&O Canal Towpath in Fletcher’s Cove.
Monday, June 18
– Calling all whiskey lovers! Rebellion restaurant is hosting a special blending event. This extremely unique opportunity allows you to create your own personal blend of the popular Whistlepig FarmStock2.0 rye whiskey.
Tuesday, June 19
– On a mission to make happy hours awesome, Brightest Young Things and Heineken are bringing their signature event Heineken AfterWork to the Songbyrd Record Cafe and Music House! Enjoy a night of musical trivia, as well as discounted Heineken all night long. First 50 guests receive a Heineken on the house!
If we missed any can’t miss events, let us know on social using #FrayLife!
Looking for some delicious cheap eats? Check out 4 Amazing Places to Eat in DC for Under $20.
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »