It’s the last week of July and it’s safe to say that was quick.
With so much to look back on so far this summer in DC (the Caps winning the cup, MLB All-Star Weekend & more), there’s hope for the same awesomeness in the coming month for us locals.
With the Citi Open, DC Field Day, and a casual visit by Beyonce and Jay-Z, there’s plenty to keep the summer fun going this week in the district.
As always, don’t forget to keep us in the loop during all your fun this week by tagging #FrayLife on social!
Wednesday, July 25
– GoldLink begins his first of three shows at U Street Music Hall tonight! For those of you who don’t know, GoldLink is DC native D’Anthony Carlos who slowly began his rise to fame after his hit song “Crew” exploded last year. Each show is sold out, but you can still grab tickets at SeatGeek.
– Love the Titanic? Well, maybe minus the part of the ship sinking? National Geographic’s got you covered. Taste of Titanic is a special dining event, where guests can sample from the actual menu that was aboard the Titanic. Fine dining and signature cocktails will be provided by some of the top DC restaurants and bars, including Duke’s Grocery, Hank’s Oyster Bar, Bar Pilar & more!
Thursday, July 26
– Check out the ultimate spin of freestyling at Drafthouse Comedy’s Speechless Comedy event! Since 2013, comedians from all over have been taking the challenge of stand up comedy with just a laser pointer and a deck of random slides. Yep — no preparation, no practice, just some comedians giving it all they’ve got!
– After enjoying a beautiful, summer night on the Wharf, make your final stop at The Anthem to see American electronic pop duo Sylvan Esso. Tickets range from $40 – $60.
Friday, July 27
– As if DC wasn’t already treating us enough this week with summer concerts, the biggest power couple in the music industry is stopping by FedEx Field tonight to continue their joint tour: Beyonce and JAY-Z! With the setlist including songs of their brand new album EVERYTHING IS LOVE, as well as their own solo career hits, it’s bound to be in the runnings for the concert of the summer!
– Come hang out with at happy hour us on Decade’s rooftop (6-10 PM) for a party full of music, games, and drinks! There’s no cover charge — drink specials only, including $7 Red Bull slushies, $3 MillerLites & more! RSVP here.
– Concerts on concerts on concerts! Take on the view at Nats Park from a different perspective as Zac Brown Band and One Republic take the stage for their ‘Down the Rabbit Hole Live’ tour!
Saturday, July 28
– Summer 2018 has been the summer of sports here in the district! Join in on the fun as the Citi Open begins, bringing some of the best tennis pros in the world to DC. If you are looking to see the matches live, tickets are still available.
– The best day of the year is finally here! DC Field Day is back for the second year in a row and we have a jam-packed day planned for you guys! Alongside hundreds of other young professionals from the DMV area, you’ll get to relive your favorite day from elementary school, but with a crazy, spiked twist. With games, food trucks, a bar and more in store, you’re definitely not going to want to miss this one!
Sunday, July 29
– Summer and dogs? What could be better than that? Join the Smithsonian National Postal Museum for their Dog Days of Summer Family Festival. From 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM, the festival highlights the travels of Owney, the scruffy mutt taken in by postal clerks in the 1800s who helped deliver mail!
– Don’t miss out on the last day of Capital Fringe Fest! Embrace in the vibrancy of DC’s independent artists, while expanding your focus and appetites for Fringe theatre, music, art and more!
Monday, July 30
– Recently featured on Spotify’s RISE (the latest emerging artists), Rex Orange County is bringing his talents to U Street Music Hall tonight. Tickets are sold out, but you can still snag some for resale here.
Tuesday, July 31
– See the Nationals take on the New York Mets tonight for the fifth time this season. The first pitch is set for 7:05 PM. As always, if you need pregame ideas, #FrayLife has got you covered.
Did we forget something going on in the district this week? Let us know by tagging us using #FrayLife!
Looking for a more active thing to do this week? Check out these 8 Waterfalls near DC to hike through!
View More Articles By Nicole LaRusso