Are you ready to take your team and your social sports skills on the road this summer?
If so, grab your coolers, orange slices, and themed costumes, and get ready to bring your tournament A game because there are a bunch of fun tournaments coming to the mid-Atlantic over the next few months.
#FrayLife is all about making fun possible and what better way than getting out of your neighborhood and competing against new faces for epic bragging rights!?
Want to maximize your fun factor? We thought so, and we put together a list of the most awesome basketball, volleyball, soccer, kickball, and flag football tournaments around the region this summer and fall.
Read below to discover the best upcoming social sports events, then grab your team and get ready to take your game on a summer road trip.
– Red Bull Reign is the ultimate 3-on-3 basketball tournament and travels the world looking for the best ballers. The winning teams from each Red Bull Reign Qualifier will meet in DC to see who reigns supreme on the court and the winners of that will be crowned US Champion. Think you have what it takes to compete with the best of the best?
Dates and location: September 14, 2018; Barry Farm Goodman League Courts, Washington, DC
– The Pottstown Rumble is a 3-day fun-filled event that features amazing competition at all levels. Gourmet food, clothing vendors, an on-site massage therapist, and high-energy music are just some of what you can expect throughout the weekend, in addition to the awesome action on the courts.
Dates and location: June 22-24, 2018; Pottstown, PA
– The Susquehanna Smash is a 3-day grass volleyball tournament that hosts over 1000 teams and pays out over $10,000 in cash and prizes, including apparel, coolers, gift certificates, and more! Did we mention over $10,000 in cash and prizes? That’s a lot of beer money for you and your team.
Dates and location: August 3-5, 2018; PA Classics Soccer Park at 1461 Lancaster Road Manheim, PA
– DC Fray is hosting a collection of sand volleyball tournaments throughout the summer! Grab your friends and head to the National Mall!
Dates and location: June 30th, July 14th, August 18th, September 8th; Lincoln Sand Courts, National Mall
– The Neptune Soccer Classic is an annual tournament that supports both competitive and recreational adult soccer. This tournament also promotes a great message as their organizers give back to the community and promote health and fitness, especially for those who have challenges. Giving back while showing off your game is always a win-win.
Dates and location: August 4-5, 2018; Hampton Roads Soccer Complex, Virginia Beach, VA
– The Commonwealth Classic is returning by popular demand in 2018. Divisions include open, coed, and over 40.
Dates and location: July 14-15, 2018; Patriot Park, Fredericksburg, VA
– Northern Virginia Adult Soccer Association (NVASA) is hosting their 2nd annual Capital Beltway Futbol Classic. The Capital Beltway Futbol Classic is a 7v7 adult soccer tournament with men’s and co-ed divisions.
Dates and location: June 16, 2018; Arrowhead Park, Centreville, VA
– Non-profit organization Bridges to Independence is hosting their Safe At Home Kickball Tournament powered by DC Fray! The day-long event features food, music, and a whole lot of kickball. A delicious BBQ lunch will be served to all players, vendors, and volunteers, as well!
Dates and location: September 29, 2018; Congressional School, Falls Church, VA
– The PlayMore Social Club is hosting their annual tournament series, “Gridiron Showdown.” This tournament consists of a 3 game, 7-on-7 format, followed by a playoff bracket after all games are completed. The winner will receive cash prizes of up to $1,200!
Dates and location: June 23, 2018; Marlton, NJ
– Can’t make the “Gridiron Showdown” in June? No worries! PlayMore is also hosting a fall tournament series, “Turkey Bowl.” This tournament has the same basic rules with the exception of a 6-on-6 playing format. The winning team will receive $1,000.
Dates and location: November 24, 2018; Wesley Bishop Park, Moorestown, NJ
– Battle Philadelphia features multiple divisions from 5-on-5 men’s pro and rec, to women’s 5-on-5 pro and rec, to 5-on-5 coed. Cash prizes will be on the line.
Dates and location: June 30, 2018; The Proving Grounds, Conshohocken, PA
Know of any other tournaments not on our list? Let us know in the comments what we’re missing! If you’re taking your team to these, or any other tournaments this summer, make sure to tag us on social using #FrayLife!
Looking to plan more of your summer fun? Hit up our June Month Ahead guide for the best events and other things to do in DC.
GET OUR WEEKLY EMAIL »