These leagues are provisional and are subject to the availability of permits and any other changes necessitated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to following all local and state guidelines, we will be:
- Sanitizing all equipment before and after every game
- Limiting Fray equipment use for games only. (No equipment will be distributed for warm-ups)
- Providing hand sanitizer for staff and players
- Changing spectator policy. No spectators will be allowed at any leagues
- Changing group celebrations. No high-5s, hugs, handshakes, fist-bumps, etc.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES (During play AND at the bar!)
At DC Fray we’re on a mission to make fun possible. Through social sports leagues and special events, we help you connect with friends, making new ones and play more often. All of our leagues, policies & rules are built to support the #FrayLife mission!
Our rule of thumb is social first. Did someone say happy hour? There’s no skill requirement - new to the sport? Great! Former Tennis champ? Perfect! Everyone is welcome. Please denote your preference for conference when registering.
NEW FLEX LEAGUE: Exciting news! To keep in line with social distancing we are letting you decide the time, day, and location that works best for you to play!
A USTA representative will match players based on skill levels, create schedule, provide rules and guidelines for the tennis social flex league.
USTA Flex Leagues are FUN and FLEXIBLE and allow you to play at your own pace and time, so you can fit tennis into your busy schedule.
KEY POINTS about USTA Flex League:
- You are provided with a weekly suggested "play by date" schedule, but you and your opponents decide WHEN and WHERE you will play. (The FUN of leagues with the convenience of FLEX.)
- You can play the week 5 match the first week, or you can play 2 matches (or more) in a week, or none. You just need to complete the matches by the end of the season.
- The number of matches/weeks in a schedule depends on the number of players/teams who register for your flight level, but we typically do not schedule fewer than four or more than seven matches in a "season."
- You can use a SUB when you need to because of travel, injury, or whatever. You don't need to tell us unless you are getting a "permanent sub."
- You can select the NTRP rating level you wish to play, even if you have a current USTA rating. So you can play UP and you can play DOWN; we just want you to select the best competitive level for all.
- Your Flex matches NEVER calculate in your USTA rating.
09/13 - Week 1
09/20 - Week 2
09/27 - Week 3
10/04 - Week 4
10/11 - Week 5
Dates subject to change based on availability and other league logistics.